ADVANCED WILDERNESS LIFE SUPPORT
Calling all healthcare providers... whether you're an MD, PA, RN, EMT, or paramedic- this course is valuable to help take your practice out of the clinic and into the backcountry. With 20.5 hours of Category 1 CME attached to the curriculum, you not only certify in wilderness medicine, but have a jump towards Re-certifying in your respective practice.
What is Advanced Wilderness Life Support (AWLS)?
AWLS® program focuses on treatment of the most common injuries and illnesses encountered making the AWLS® certification the standard in the medical industry for wilderness medicine. The course offers intensive practical hands-on skills teaching.
- Learn the latest practical hands-on wilderness medical skills for patient assessment, stabilization and evacuation.
- Practice your skills in live scenarios.
- Work with our expert faculty.
- Earn your AWLS certification.
- Select the optional advanced practical scenarios and participate in an additional 4 hours of live scenarios.
- Obtain up to 20.5 hours of CME or Fellowship credits from the Wilderness Medical Society*
2018 COURSE DATES
BIG SUR, CALIFORNIA
Located on the magnificent Central California Coast high above the Pacific Ocean, Big Sur is a quaint and sparsely populated area where the Santa Lucia Mountains rise abruptly from the sea. Offering some of the most stunning coastal scenery in the world, this is one of the unspoiled treasures of California (...read more)
LAKE TAHOE, CALIFORNIA
Nestled in the Sierra Nevada Mountains at 6,000 feet, Lake Tahoe offers a spectacular alpine setting for outdoor recreation. Lake Tahoe is the largest alpine lake in North America and is over 1,600 feet deep and surrounded by dense evergreen forests. The course will be hosted at the beautiful North Tahoe Event Center in Kings Beach, CA (...read more)
DOWNLOAD THE 2018 CONFERENCE GUIDE